Katherine L. Fenton letter
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of a letter in which Katherine Fenton describes the lives of her family including her father and herself. She also describes the transformation from pioneer days to a modern progressive community.
- 1926 October 30
- Fenton, Katherine Lucas, 1859-1930 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Katherine L. Fenton (1859-1930) was a pioneer who settled in Portland, Oregon and a mother of two soldiers. She was married to William D. Fenton who was a sergeant at Base Hospital 46, Bazoilles-sur-Meuse.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Katherine L. Fenton was a pioneer who settled in Portland, Or and a mother of two soldiers. Includes a letter in which she describes the lives of her family including her father as well as her own and the transformation from pioneer days to a modern progressive community.
General Physical Description note
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Portland (Or.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the Katherine L. Fenton Letter
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Amanda Steele
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.