J. A. Zehntbauer letter to J. L. Krantz
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a letter dated November 18, 1917, from Zehntbauer to J. L. Krantz, regarding the early history of the company, and problems that arose without access to a worsted (wool) spinning mill in the West.
- 1917 November 16
- Zehntbauer, John A., 1884-1969 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
C.C. Jantzen and J. A. Zehntbauer purchased the manufacturing department of the Portland (Oregon) Knitting Company in 1909; this company was the manufacturer of the Jantzen clothing line. The collection contains a letter dated November 18, 1917, from Zehntbauer to J. L. Krantz, regarding the early history of the company, and problems that arose without access to a worsted (wool) spinning mill in the West.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clothing trade -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jantzen, Carl C., 1883-1939
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Portland Knitting Company
- Woolen and worsted spinning -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Woolen goods industry -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Zehntbauer, John A., 1884-1969
- Guide to the J. A. Zehntbauer Letter to J. L. Krantz
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).