John W. Welch letter to Sarah Welch Wood
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a letter dated February 24, 1917, from Welch to his sister, Sarah Welch Wood, in which Welch reminisces about the founding of Lewiston, Idaho, and his early days in Astoria, Oregon.
- 1917 February 24
- Welch, John W., 1846-1925 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
John W. Welch and Sarah Welch Wood were members of the pioneer Welch family that settled in Astoria, Oregon, beginning in 1844. The collection contains a letter dated February 24, 1917, in which John Welch reminisces about the founding of Lewiston, Idaho, and his early days in Astoria, Oregon.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Astoria (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Oregon -- Astoria Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lewiston (Idaho) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Astoria Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Welch, John W., 1846-1925
- Guide to the John W. Welch Letter to Sarah Welch Wood
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).