William MacDonald letter
Scope and Contents
In the letter, MacDonald informs Young about a bill in the House of Representatives regarding the public records of U.S. states and territories.
- 1900 April 30
- MacDonald, William, 1863-1938 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
William MacDonald was chairman of the American Historical Association, Public Records Commission. The collection contains a letter dated April 30, 1900, from MacDonald to Professor (Frederic G.?) Young, of Oregon, about a proposed bill regarding public records of U.S. states and territories.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- College teachers -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Historians -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public records -- Law and legislation -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public records -- Law and legislation -- United States -- States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public records -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1897-1901 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Congress. House
- Young, Frederic G.
- Guide to the William MacDonald Letter
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA