Jacob Imhoff letter to Agnes Plummer
Scope and Contents
The collection (May 24, 1899) consists of one letter from Imhoff to Agnes Plummer of Portland, Oregon, in which he describes military life.
In the six page letter he wrote from Manila, Imhoff describes military life in Company E, 14th Infantry.
- 1899 May 24
- Imhoff, Jacob (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Jacob Imhoff served in the Spanish American War in the Philippines, in Company E, 14th Infantry. The collection (1899) consists of one letter from Imhoff to Agnes Plummer of Portland, Oregon, in which he describes military life.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Burns, Agnes Plummer, 1877-1975
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Philippines -- History -- Philippine American War, 1899-1902 -- Personal narratives, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Campaigns -- Philippines Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Personal narratives, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 14th. Company E
- Guide to the Jacob Imhoff Letter to Agnes Plummer
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).