Will H. Robinson letter to Grace Plummer
Scope and Contents
In the letter, dated February 12, 1899, Robinson describes Manila, Spanish women, and the fighting on February 5, 1899.
- 1899 February 12
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Will H. Robinson served in the Spanish American War in the Philippines. The collection (1899) contains one letter from Robinson, sent from Manila, to Grace Plummer of Portland, Oregon.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manila (Philippines) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Manila (Philippines) -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Military Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Philippines -- History -- Philippine American War, 1899-1902 -- Personal narratives, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robinson, Will H. (Will Henry), 1867-1938
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Campaigns -- Philippines Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Personal narratives, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Will H. Robinson Letter to Grace Plummer
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA