Theodore T. Geer receipt
Scope and Contents
In the handwritten receipt, Geer states that he received $1,000 from H.B. Plummer. The receipt goes on to state that if Geer is elected Governor he will appoint Plummer superintendent of the State Penitentiary.
- 1898 April 28
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Theodore T. Geer (1851-1924) served in the Oregon State House of Representatives in 1880 and again in 1889 until 1893. He was elected governor of Oregon and served from January 9, 1899 until January 14, 1903.
0.025 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Theodore T. Geer (1851-1924) served in the Oregon State House of Representatives in the 1880s and as governor of Oregon, from January 9, 1899 until January 14, 1903. The collection contains a receipt regarding political offices written by Geer on April 18, 1898.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Geer, T. T. (Theodore Thurston), 1851-1924
- Governors -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legislators -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon State Penitentiary
- Plummer, H. B.
- Politicians -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Receipts (financial records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Theodore T. Geer Receipt
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA