J. C. Yates farm and household account book
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a farm and household account book belonging to J. C. Yates with entries from 1875-1882. Entries regard farming and household goods and expenses, credit, boarders, and some pages have small articles pasted into them about farming, silver dollars, land plotting, and horses.
- Yates, J. C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The collection (1875-1882) contains a farm and household account book belonging to J. C. Yates.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Agriculture -- Oregon -- Irving Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farm life -- Oregon -- Irving -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farmers -- Oregon -- Irving Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Irving (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Irving (Or.) -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Ranching -- Oregon -- Irving Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Yates, J. C.
- Guide to the J. C. Yates Farm and Household Account Book
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).