Woodrow Wilson letter to Luella Clay Carson
Scope and Contents
In the letter, Wilson writes his regrets that he could not find a good biography of William the Silent (William I, Prince of Orange) in his search.
- 1894 April 11
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Before he became the President of United States, Woodrow Wilson was a professor and also President of Princeton University. The collection contains a letter dated April 11, 1894 from Wilson to Luella Clay Carson, who was the head of the Department of English at University of Oregon at that time.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Carson, Luella Clay, 1856-1938
- College teachers -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- English teachers -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Princeton University
- University of Oregon
- William I, Prince of Orange, 1533-1584
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924
- Women college teachers -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Woodrow Wilson Letter to Luella Clay Carson
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).