Sam T. Hastie letter to Edward Quackenbush
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a seven page letter of complaints regarding treatment by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company and other railroads.
- 1886 June 7
- Hastie, Sam T. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Sam T. Hastie was a resident of Cincinnatti, Ohio. Edward Quackenbush (1839-1928) was a partner of Sibson, Quackenbush & Company of Portland, Oregon, a shipping, commission, and insurance firm.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Letter from Sam T. Hastie, Cincinnati, O., to Edward Quackenbush, Portland, Ore., June 7, 1886.
General Physical Description note
Seven page letter.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Quackenbush, Edward, 1839-1928 (Correspondent)
- Railroads Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Railroads -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transportation -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Sam T. Hastie Letter to Edward Quackenbush
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Amanda Steele
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.