Melville T. Wire diaries
Scope and Contents
The collection (1894-1897) consists of five diaries.
Many diary entries describe hunting and fishing expeditions in the Cascade Mountains. There are pencil sketches and drawings on some of the pages.
- Wire, Melville T., 1877- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Melville Wire was the son of a Methodist minister from Mt. Tabor (Portland), Oregon. He was a student at the University of Oregon from 1895-1896, and also attended Albany College in 1897.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Melville Wire was the son of a Methodist minister from Mt. Tabor (Portland), Oregon, and was a student at the University of Oregon from 1895-1896, and Albany College in 1897. The collection (1894-1897) consists of diaries.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Cascade Range -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Drawings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sketches Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Wire, Melville T., 1877-
- Wire, Melville T., 1877-
- Guide to the Melville T. Wire Diaries
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA