Thomas R. Cornelius deposition
Scope and Contents
The deposition concerns the personnel and service of Captain Lawrence Hall's company of Oregon Mounted Volunteers during the year 1846.
- 1884 January 1
- Cornelius, Thomas R. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Thomas R. Cornelius was born in Missouri, and came to Oregon with his parents in 1845. He enlisted in the the Oregon Mounted Volunteers for the Cayuse Indian War and the Yakima Indian War. Later he ran a general store in the town of Cornelius, and also farmed.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Thomas R. Cornelius, was an Oregon pioneer and a member of the Oregon Mounted Volunteers during the Cayuse and Yakima Indian Wars. The collection contains a deposition given by Cornelius on January 1, 1884 regarding the Oregon Mounted Volunteers.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Cayuse Indians -- Wars Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cornelius, Thomas R.
- Depositions Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Governmental investigations -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hall, Lawrence, -1867
- Military—Oregon Militia Subject Source: Photosub
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Territory -- History, Military Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon. Militia. Regiment of Oregon Mounted Volunteers, 1st
- Guide to the Thomas R. Cornelius Deposition
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA