H. L. Barret letter to Thomas R. Cornelius
Scope and Contents
Barret reports on snow and wagon travel in the mountains, that the oxen are doing well and are soon to be worth more, and that he is using a hand saw for a table, which he says is an improvement over a rock.
- 1884 February 24
- Barret, H. L., active 1884 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The collection contains a letter dated February 24, 1884, from H. L. Barret, of Birch Creek, Oregon to Thomas R. Cornelius. In the letter, Barret reports on snow and wagon travel in the mountains, his oxen, and the the trials of travel.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Cornelius, Thomas R.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oxen -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the H. L. Barret Letter to Thomas R. Cornelius
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).