V. Williams journal
Scope and Contents
V. Williams journal of an overland trip from Iowa to Klamath Lake, southern Oregon, April 1 to September 20, 1853.
- Williams, V. A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
V. A. Williams was a pioneer who took the California road to Oregon rather than the Ft. Hall route. He went down the Humboldt River, and crossed to the Rogue River country via the Lawson cutoff.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 volume
Language of Materials
V. Williams was a pioneer who took the California road to Oregon. Journal documents the journey from Iowa to Klamath Lake, Oregon.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frontier and pioneer life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Journals (accounts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon National Historic Trail -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Overland Journeys to the Northwestern United States Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Overland journeys to the Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rogue River Valley (Klamath County-Curry County, Or.) -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Williams, V. A.
- Guide to the V. Williams Journal
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English