William Holman Odell letter
Scope and Contents
In the letter, Odell wonders if the Sprague's River land is a part of the Agricultural college or if it is available to be purchased, and also states that he expects to send surveyors to survey land for the Klamath reservation.
- Creation: 1871 April 28
- Odell, W. H., 1830-1922 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
William Holman Odell wrote a letter dated April 28, 1871 to Captain Applegate, of Oregon about Oregon land purchases and surveys regarding Sprague's River land and the Klamath reservation.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
Genre / Form
- Klamath County (Or.) -- History -- 19th century
- Klamath Indian Reservation (Or.) -- History -- 19th century
- Oregon -- History -- 19th century
- Sprague River Watershed (Or.)
- Guide to the William Holman Odell Letter
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).