Joseph Gardner Wilson letter
Scope and Contents
The collection contains one letter, dated February 26, 1870, from Joseph Gardner Wilson, of The Dalles, Oregon, addressed to "Dear Sir." The letter refers to disposition of scrip from James W. Nesmith to E. M. Barnum, and Wilson writes that he thinks Barnum dishonest.
- 1870 February 26
- Wilson, Joseph Gardner, 1826-1873 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Joseph Gardner Wilson, of The Dalles, Oregon, wrote a letter dated February 26, 1870, addressed to "Dear Sir." The collection contains the letter which refers to disposition of scrip from James W. Nesmith to E. M. Barnum, and Wilson writes that he thinks Barnum dishonest.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Barnum, E. M.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Judges -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nesmith, James Willis, 1820-1885
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Paper money -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wilson, Joseph Gardner, 1826-1873
- Guide to the Joseph Gardner Wilson Letter
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).