William S. Crust letter to Mr. and Mrs. Curtis
Scope and Contents
The letter informs the Curtis parents of the death of their son, Alfred, who was "killed by Indians" on May 29th, while camped by Elk Horn Creek.
- 1868 June 2
- Crust, William S. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
William S. Crust of Ft. Laramie, Indian Territory wrote a letter dated dated June 2, 1868, to Mr. and Mrs. Curtis, regarding their son, Alfred. The collection contains the letter in which Crust informed the parents that their son was "killed by Indians" on May 29th, while camped by Elk Horn Creek.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Crust, William S.
- Curtis family
- Curtis, Alfred, -1868
- Fort Laramie (Wyo. : Fort) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Wyoming Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indian Territory -- History Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1866-1895 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- Wyoming Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Soldiers -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wyoming -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the William S. Crust Letter to Mr. and Mrs. Curtis
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA