Miles M. Miller letter
Scope and Contents
In the letter, Miller suggests that he would like to become closer aquaintances with Powell. Miller also states that he would love to stay in school, and reminds Powell that he has not yet paid his dues to the [Masonic?] Lodge.
- 1868 July 30
- Miller, Miles M. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Miles M. Miller, of Salem Oregon, wrote a letter dated July 30, 1868 , to L. J. Powell. The collection contains the letter in which Miller offers friendship, news, and reminds Powell that he has not yet paid his dues to the [Masonic?] Lodge.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Education -- Oregon -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fraternal organizations -- Oregon -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Salem -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Salem (Or.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the Miles M. Miller Letter
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA