Blue Mountain Consolidated Wagon Road Co. articles of incorporation
Scope and Contents
The articles of incoporation explain that the company wished to build their own wagon roads from Umatilla, Oregon and other points on the Columbia River, to Walla Walla and other points in the Washington Territory. .
- 1868 July 18
- Blue Mountain Consolidated Wagon Road Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The Blue Mountain Consolidated Wagon Road Company, of La Grande, Oregon was incorporated by J. S. Ruckell, R. B. Meacham, and T. F. Carter. The collection contains articles of incorporation, dated July 18, 1868.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Articles of incorporation Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Blue Mountain Consolidated Wagon Road Company
- La Grande (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roads -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roads -- Oregon -- Umatilla Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roads -- Washington Territory Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Blue Mountain Consolidated Wagon Road Co. Articles of Incorporation
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)