A. J. and Joseph G. Megler legal document
Scope and Contents
The document is an agreement for the sale of interest in a hotel located in Astoria, Oregon.
- 1868 July 20
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The collection contains a legal document, dated July 20, 1868, signed by A. J. Megler and Joseph G. Megler, regarding a hotel Astoria, Oregon.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Astoria (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Astoria Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hotels -- Oregon -- Astoria Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal documents Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Megler, Alexander J.
- Megler, J. G. (Joseph G.), 1838 or 1839-1915
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the A. J. and Joseph G. Megler Legal Document
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).