William A. Shipley papers
Scope and Contents
In the letter, Shipley asks permission to sell the public buildings at Siletz Block House, and provides diagrams showing the plan and construction of the House, and also a list of property and other supplies.
- Creation: 1866 June 9
- Shipley, William A., active 1866 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The collection contains a letter and accompanying diagrams, dated June 9, 1866 from lieutenant William A. Shipley of the Quartermaster's office, to his superiors, regarding public buildings, including the Siletz Block House and supplies he wishes to sell.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Guide to the William A. Shipley Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)