James Willis Nesmith legal document
Scope and Contents
This collection contains a legal agreement dated August 7, 1865, between James Willis Nesmith, Samuel Goff, and Jeremiah Gelmick concerning rental of Nesmith's farm in Polk County, Oregon.
- 1865 August 7
- Nesmith, James Willis, 1820-1885 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
James Willis Nesmith was the second US Senator elected from Oregon, serving 1861 -1867. He was also elected to the US Congress in 1873 and served until 1875. He served both houses of the legislature as a Democrat.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
James Willis Nesmith was a US Senator and a US Representative for Oregon between 1861-1875. This collection consists of a document concerning the rental of Nesmith's farm in Polk County, Oregon, 1865
Processing Information note
Collection is processed.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Agreements Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Agriculture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Contracts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Farm management -- Oregon -- Polk County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farmers -- Oregon -- Polk County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legislators -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Polk County (Or.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the James Willis Nesmith Legal Document
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Tanya Parlet
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA