Willamette Falls Canal Company records
Scope and Contents
The notice argues that the People's Transportation Company must cease their work building a canal because such work infringes upon the rights and property of the Willamette Falls Canal Company.
- 1865 August 25
- Willamette Falls Canal Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Willamette Falls Canal company was one of the companies agitating for the right to to build a canal to ship goods over the Willamette Falls in Oregon. The collection contains articles of incorporation and a legal notice, dated August 25, 1865 on behalf of the Willamette Falls Canal company stating their right-of-way to build a canal
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents
- Articles of incorporation Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Canals -- Oregon -- Willamette River Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal notices Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- People's Transportation Company (Salem, Or.)
- Shipping -- Oregon -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transportation -- Oregon -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Willamette Falls (Or.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Willamette Falls Canal Company
- Guide to the Willamette Falls Canal Company Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).