George Weston letter
Scope and Contents
In the letter, Weston comments on the troubles of soldiering at Colville, refers to the arrival of news about the capture of Lee, and the death of Lincoln. The letter is very faint and hard to read.
- 1865 April 28
- Weston, George, active 1865 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The collection contains a photocopied letter dated April 28, 1865, by George Weston, Ft. Colville, Washington Territory, to Thomas Kern, Ft. Walla Walla, Washington Territory, regarding the American Civil war, the death of Lincoln, and the capture of General Lee.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fort Colville (Wash. : Army garrison) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Military Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Soldiers -- Washington Territory -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army
- Washington Territory -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Weston, George, active 1865
- Guide to the George Weston Letter
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).