A. J. Grover letter to Edwin Beebe
Scope and Contents
The collection (1862) contains one letter discussing business and society in Auburn, Oregon.
Grover describes business conditions in Auburn as dull, and states that he will spend Christmas in Powder Valley at a gumsuck. He writes that Auburn girls are kind, but not pretty.
- 1862 December 17
- Grover, A. J. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
A. J. Grover, of Auburn, Oregon wrote a letter dated December 17, 1862, to Edwin Beebe of Portland, Oregon. The collection (1862) contains one letter discussing business and society in Auburn, Oregon.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Auburn (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Auburn (Or.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Beebe, Edwin
- City and Town Life Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Oregon -- Auburn Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the A. J. Grover Letter to Edwin Beebe
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).