Rodney Glisan letter to A. B. Hallock
Scope and Contents
One page letter from Rodney Glisan of Fort Yamhill, Oregon, to Absalom B. Hallock of Portland, Oregon, January 17, 1860. Glisan proposes advertising for a tenant to rent a new house in Portland.
- 1860 January 17
- Glisan, Rodney, 1827-1890 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Rodney Glisan (1827-1890) was an early Portland medical doctor and professor. Absalom B. Hallock (1826-1892) was one of Portland's earliest contractors.
0.1 linear feet (1 letter)
Language of Materials
Rodney Glisan and Absalom B. Hallock were prominent figures in mid-19th century Portland, Oregon. The collection consists of a single letter from Glisan to Hallock.
General Physical Description note
1 page letter within one folder
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Hallock, Absalom B. , 1826-1892 (Correspondent)
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Portland (Or.) -- Social conditions -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rental housing -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Rodney Glisan Letter to A. B. Hallock
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Amanda Steele
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.