G. P. Loomis letter to "Humphrey"
G. P. Loomis (1819- ) was an Iowa farmer and Justice of the Peace. The collection consists of a 4 page, hand written letter to "Humphrey" of Harrisburg, Oregon Territory and a transcription of said letter.
- 1859 January 6
- Loomis, G. P., 1819- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
G. P. Loomis (1819- ) was an Iowa farmer and Justice of the Peace.
0.1 linear feet (1 Folder)
Language of Materials
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Farmers -- Iowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frontier and pioneer life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iowa Subject Source: Local sources
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the G. P. Loomis letter to "Humphrey"
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English