Hymen Fairchild land sale agreement
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of land sale agreement between Fairchild and brothers Thomas and Robert Beale. Fairchild, for his part, agreed to relinquish his claim to one quarter of the Jackson County property, acquired as a donation land claim, that he shared with the Beale brothers. For his portion of the claim, Fairchild was to receive eleven-hundred bushels of wheat, as well as two payments of twelve-hundred dollars each over the next year.
- 1858 October 5
- Beale, Thomas, active 1858 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Hymen Fairchild (1832-1907) was an pioneer and early resident of Jackson County, Oregon Territory.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Hymen Fairchild (1832-1907) was an pioneer and early resident of Jackson County, Oregon Territory. The collection consists of land sale agreement between Fairchild and brothers Thomas and Robert Beale.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Beale, Robert, active 1858
- Beale, Thomas, active 1858
- Contracts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fairchild, Hymen
- Jackson County (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Land titles -- Oregon Territory Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Territory -- Claims Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Jackson County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property -- Oregon -- Jackson County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Hymen Fairchild Land Sale Agreement
- Complete Description
- Austin Munsell and Kira B. Homo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).