Willamette University certificate of scholarship
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a single, one page certificate that promises Calvin S. Knipley a five hundred dollar scholarship to Willamette University, signed by the president of the university, David Leslie.
- 1858 March 22
- Willamette University (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Willamette University is a private university located in Salem, Oregon. Originally the site of missionary Jason Lee's Indian Manual Labor Institute for the education. Later sold to the Oregon Institute trustees to become a school for the family and children of missionaries. Official founding date of Willamette University is 1842.
David Leslie was an Oregon pioneer and missionary who served as the president of the trustees of the Oregon Institute and later president of Willamette University.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Willamette University is private university located in Salem, Oregon and was founded in 1842. Collection consists of a single, 1 page certificate that promises Calvin S. Knipley a five hundred dollar tuition scholarship signed by the president of the university, David Leslie.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Certificates Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colleges and Universities Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Frontier and pioneer life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scholarships -- Oregon. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Willamette University
- Guide to the Willamette University Certificate of Scholarship
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English