Davis Ingalls mortgage deed
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a deed ceding Ingalls claim to his Astoria property to F. A. Smith for the sum of eight hundred dollars.
- 1857 May 1
- Ingalls, Davis (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
David Ingalls was an early resident of Astoria, Oregon Territory. He was city treasurer of Astoria for a time.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
David Ingalls was an early resident of Astoria, Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a deed ceding Ingalls claim to his Astoria property to F. A. Smith.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Astoria (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Ingalls, Davis
- Landowners -- Oregon -- Astoria Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mortgage deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Territory -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Astoria Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Smith, F. A., 1830-1903
- Guide to the Davis Ingalls Mortgage Deed
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Austin Munsell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).