D.W. Hawes letter to W.P. Goodbar concerning the sale of slaves
Scope and Contents note
This small collection consists of a letter written by D.W. Hawes to W.P. Goodbar concerning the sale of twelve slaves. He tells Goodbar that he will meet him in Atlanta to sell them.
- 1857 February 14
- Hawes, D.W. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
D.W. Hawes sold slaves in the Antebellum.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
D.W. Hawes sold slaves in the Antebellum south. In this letter, Hawes writes from Richmond, Virginia, to tell W.P. Goodbar that he has twelve slaves for sale, and that he will meet Goodbar in Atlanta to sell them.
Collection is located with other small manuscripts collections
General Physical Description note
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff.
- African Americans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hawes, D.W.
- Slave trade -- Southern States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slave traders -- Southern States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slaves -- Southern States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the D.W. Hawes Letter to W.P. Goodbar Concerning the Sale of Slaves
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Linda Long
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.