James Blakely Oregon Mounted Volunteers appointment notice
Scope and Contents
Collection contains the appointment of James Blakely to captain on April 20, 1856 by the governor of the Oregon Territory, George Law Curry (1820-1878).
- 1856 April 20
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
James Blakely was a member of the Oregon Mounted Volunteers. George Law Curry (1820-1878) was governor of the Oregon Territory from 1854-1856.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
James Blakely was a member of the Oregon Mounted Volunteers. This collection contains the appointment of James Blakely to Captain on April 20, 1856 by the governor of the Oregon Territory, George Law Curry.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Blakely, James, 1812-1913
- Governors -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military commissions Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Territory -- Politics and government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon. Militia. Regiment of Oregon Mounted Volunteers, 1st
- Politics and Politicians Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the James Blakely Oregon Mounted Volunteers appointment notice
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.