Washington H. Crouch commission to captain
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of Crouch's commission to the title of Captain of Company I of the second regiment of the Oregon Mounted Volunteers, signed by governor George Curry.
- 1856 April 18
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Washington H. Crouch was a captain in the Oregon Mounted Volunteers. He served in the Indian Wars of the 1850s.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Washington H. Crouch was a captain in the Oregon Mounted Volunteers. The collection consists of Crouch's commission to the title of Captain
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Crouch, Washington H. (Washington Hambleton), 1822-1875
- Military commissions Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Territory -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon. Militia. Regiment of Oregon Mounted Volunteers, 2nd
- Soldiers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Washington H. Crouch Commission to Captain
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Austin Munsell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).