Daniel Craft order of payment
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of an order from Craft to John S. Hurt of Marion County, Oregon Territory.
Hurt was the executor of the will of Benjamin Fields, to whom Craft's wife was a minor heir. Craft instructs Hurt to pay the "amount of money that is coming to my wife" to James Howard. A note on the back of the letter indicates that this amount was one-hundred and seventy dollars.
- 1855 June 26
- Craft, Daniel, 1815?-1908 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Daniel Craft (ca. 1815-1908) immigrated to Oregon in 1847.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Daniel Craft (ca. 1815-1908) immigrated to Oregon in 1847. The collection consists of an order of payment from Craft to John S. Hurt of Marion County, Oregon Territory.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Craft, Daniel, 1815?-1908
- Howard, James
- Hurt, John S.
- Oregon Territory -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wills -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Daniel Craft Order of Payment
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Austin Munsell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).