Finis Caruthers deed
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a photostat copy of a deed transferring ownership of lot 4, block 117 in Portland, Oregon Territory, from Finnis Caruthers to Clinton Kelly for the sum of $200.
- 1854 November 13
- Caruthers, Finis (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Finis Caruthers was a Portland land owner.
Clinton Kelly (1808-1875) was a Methodist preacher. He came to Oregon from Kentucky in 1847, and settled on a donation. He posessed a land claim opposite Portland.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Finis Caruthers was a Portland, Oregon Territory, land owner. The collection consists of a photostat copy of a deed transferring ownership of a Portland lot from Caruthers to Clinton Kelly.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Caruthers, Finis
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kelly, Clinton, 1808-1875
- Land titles -- Oregon Territory Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Territory -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Finis Caruthers Deed
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Austin Munsell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA