Robert Caufield receipts
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of seven receipts: 1853 Road tax for Oregon City - $4.50, 1854 Clackamas County "Territorial and Jail Tax" - $13.50, 1854 Oregon City tax - $3.75, 1854 Subscription to the Oregon Spectator - $5.00, 1854 city of Eugene tax - $55.20, 1854 School and County tax (county unknown)- $134.90, and a medical receipt for an unknown amount.
- 1853 October 10-1854 November 5
- Caufield, Robert, 1805-1891 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Caufield (1805-1891) was born in Broughshand County, Ireland, May 5, 1805 and moved to Oregon City in 1847 where he became a county judge and opened a grocery store.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Robert Caufield was born in Broughshand County, Ireland and moved to Oregon City in 1847, where he became a county judge and opened a grocery store. His papers include tax receipts and a receipt for a medical bill.
Collection is processed.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Caufield, Robert, 1805-1891
- Grocers -- Oregon -- Oregon City Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Judges -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Territory -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Oregon City Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Receipts (financial records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Taxation -- Oregon -- Oregon City Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Taxation -- Oregon Territory Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Robert Caufield Receipts
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Austin Munsell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).