Daniel H. Lownsdale letter to Aaron E. Wait
Daniel H. Lownsdale (1803-1862) was one of the founders of Portland, Oregon. The collection consists of a single letter from Lownsdale to the "Honorable A. E. Wait" of Eugene related to a charge of claim jumping.
- 1853 February 1
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Daniel H. Lownsdale (1803-1862) was one of the founders of Portland, Oregon.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Coffin, Stephen, grocer
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Land titles -- Oregon Territory Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Landowners -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon Territory -- Claims Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Daniel H. Lownsdale Letter to Aaron E. Wait
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Austin Munsell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).