John Telfer papers
Scope and Contents
John Telfer's papers consists primarily of correspondence, most of which is outgoing to his brother and sister.
- Telfer, John, 1777-1803 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
John Telfer (1777-1803) was an engineer for the British military in Canada. He resided in Fort St. John, British Columbia, and Quebec. Much of his family lived in Glasgow, Scotland.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
John Telfer was an engineer for the British military in Canada. John Telfer's papers include many correspondence, most of which are outgoing to his brother and sister.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- British Columbia Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Engineers -- Canada Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pacific Northwest History Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Québec (Province) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Telfer, John, 1777-1803
- Guide to the John Telfer Papers
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.