C. S. Bogan letters to "Uncle and Aunt"
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of two letters written by C. S. Bogan to "Uncle and Aunt”. The letter dated April 26, 1852 is from Acapulco, Mexico, and the letter dated June 27, 1852 is from San Francisco, California. Bogan describes difficulties encountered on a voyage from Panama. Includes typed transcriptions.
- Bogan, C. S. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
C.S. Bogan sailed vessels on the west coast of the United States and Mexico.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
C.S. Bogan sailed vessels on the west coast of the United States and Mexico. Collection contains two letters from C. S. Bogan, Acapulco, Mexico, and San Francisco, California, to "Uncle and Aunt," April 26 and June 27, 1852 describing difficulties of voyage from Panama.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by M. Neil Helms
1 Folder, 2 letters
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ocean travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sailors -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ships and Shipping Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Voyages to the Pacific coast Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the C. S. Bogan, Acapulco, Mexico, and San Francisco, California, Letters to "Uncle and Aunt"
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA