George Allingham letter to William Allingham
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a photostat copy of a letter from the elder Allingham to his son, William M. Allingham of Marysville, Oregon Territory. Allingham comments on the weather, names various persons who have returned from the west coast destitute, and suggests that returning by land is easier and safer.
- 1851 January 19
- Allingham, George, -1873 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
George Allingham ( d.1873) was a resident of Warren County, Illinois. His son, William Allingham (1826-1906) emigrated to Oregon in 1850, followed in 1852 by his brother David.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
George Allingham ( d.1873) was a resident of Warren County, Illinois, whose son, William, emigrated to Oregon in 1850. The collection consists of a photostat copy of a letter from the elder Allingham to his son.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Allingham, William, 1826-1906
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Territory -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Warren County (Ill.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the George Allingham Letter to William Allingham
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Austin Munsell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA