Taylor Family papers
Scope and Contents note
Collection consists of typed copies of a journal of a trip from Rockford, Illinois to Oregon in 1853, by Rachel Taylor; a diary of D.H. Taylor on military service against the Indians, January 1862-May 1862; and a genealogy of the Taylor, Merriam, Phelps, Court, and related families.
- Taylor family (Family)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
The Taylor family journeyed overland from Illinois to Oregon in 1853. The Taylor family resided in Phoenix, Oregon.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The Taylor family papers include a journal of an overland trip from Rockford, Illinois to Oregon in 1853 by Rachel Taylor; a diary of D. H. Taylor on military service against Indians, January 1862-May 1862; and a genealogy of the Taylor family and related families.
Collection is located with other small manuscript collections.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Court family
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Genealogies (histories) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1862-1865 -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Merriam family
- Military Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Native Americans Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Overland Journeys to the Northwestern United States Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Overland journals Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Overland journeys to the Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Phelps family
- Phoenix (Or.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Soldiers -- West (U.S.) -- Diaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Taylor family
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the Taylor Family papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Rose M. Smith
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA