Krome Corporation records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains files from corporation attorney William E. Walsh and files include information on land acquisition, sales, and correspondence with members of congress regarding reimbursement prospects.
- Krome Corporation (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Krome Corporation, of Marchfield, Oregon, was organized in 1941. Curt F. Corzelius of El Paso, Texas was president. Krome Corp. acquired mineral property and constructed a plant for the concentration of chromite ore in southwestern Oregon. Collapse of the chrome market put an end to this operation in 1943.
The corporation was kept intact until 1956 while attempts were made to obtain government reimbursement through amendment of the Contract Settlement Act.
3 linear feet (2 containers)
Language of Materials
The Krome Corporation organized in 1941, acquired mineral property, and constructed a plant for the concentration of chromite ore in southwestern Oregon. The collection contains files from corporation attorney William E. Walsh and files include information on land acquisition, sales, and correspondence with members of congress, 1941-1956.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
2 record storage boxes.
Collection processed by staff, 1970s.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Chromite -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mineral industries -- Oregon -- Coos Bay Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mineral industries -- Oregon. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Walsh, William E., 1903-1975
- Guide to the Krome Corporation Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA