Portland Oregon Metropolitan Study Commission records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains minutes and working files of member Orval Etter.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Portland Oregon Metropolitan Study Commission was established by state law (ORS 199:130). The commission began work on November 8, 1968 and dissolved June 30, 1971.
2 linear feet (2 containers) : 1 record storage box, 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
The Portland Oregon Metropolitan Study Commission was established by state law (ORS 199:130), and began work on November 8, 1968, and dissolved June 30, 1971. The collection contains minutes and working files of member Orval Etter.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff, 1970s.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- City Planning Subject Source: Archiveswest
- City planning -- Oregon -- Portland Metropolitan Area Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Etter, Orval
- Portland Metropolitan Area (Or.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Portland Metropolitan Study Commission (Or.)
- Regional planning -- Oregon -- Portland Metropolitan Area Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Portland Oregon Metropolitan Study Commission Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)