Capital Lumbering Company records
Consists of daybooks, journals, ledgers, correspondence, sales books, and records of various predecessors.
- Capital Lumbering Company (Salem, Or.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Lumber company in Salem, Or., managed by John H. Moores, 1876- 1880, and his son, Albert N. Moores, 1880-1905, at which time it was purchased by Charles Kent Spaulding and became known as the Spaulding Lumber Company.
15 linear feet (29 containers) : 4 manuscript boxes, 7 record storage boxes, 18 volumes
Language of Materials
Collection is processed.
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forsyth, Patty, and Company
- J.H. and I.R. Moores
- Lumber trade -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Moores & McDonald
- Moores & Wrightman
- Moores, Albert N., 1855-
- Moores, John H., 1821-1880
- Moores, Miller and Company
- Roork, Witten & Miller
- South Salem Steam Flour and Lumbering Mills
- Spaulding Lumber Company (Salem, Or.)
- Guide to the Capital Lumbering Company records
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA