Albany Nurseries records
Scope and Contents
Collection consist of four journal volumes (1899-1907), one trial journal (1904-1905) and two ledger books (1891-1905). One ledger includes a Brownell family expense account.
- Brownell, Albert, -1933 (Person)
- Albany Nurseries (Albany, Or.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Albany Nurseries was established in 1888 and owned by Albert Brownell.
1.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 record storage box
Language of Materials
Albany Nurseries was established in 1888 and owned by Albert Brownell. Collection consist of four journal volumes (1899-1907), one trial journal (1904-1905) and two ledger books (1891-1905). One ledger includes a Brownell family expense account.
Collection organized into the following series: Journals, Trial Journal, and Ledgers.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Albany (Or.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Horticultural products Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Horticulture -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nurseries (Horticulture) -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Albany Nurseries records
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA