Pacific Cooperative Poultry Producers and Pacific Egg Producers records
The Pacific Cooperative Poultry Producers (PCPP) cooperative was organized in 1920, and the Pacific Egg Producers (PEP) cooperative was established in 1922. The collection contains records of both cooperatives including financial records, reports, correspondence, and minutes.
- Pacific Egg Producers (Organization)
- Brownell, Ambrose (Person)
- Pacific Cooperative Poultry Producers (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Pacific Cooperative Poultry Producers (PCPP) organized in 1920 under the cooperative laws of Oregon. In 1922, in conjunction with four other Pacific Coast Egg marketing cooperatives, the Pacific Egg Producers (PEP) was established. Ambrose Brownell was a chairman of the board of both cooperatives.
1.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 record storage box
Language of Materials
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff, 1970s.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Agriculture, Cooperative -- Oregon. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Annual reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Brownell, Ambrose
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Clippings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Egg trade -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Eggs -- Oregon -- Cooperative marketing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Eggs -- Oregon -- Marketing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Eggs -- Production -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pacific Cooperative Poultry Producers
- Pacific Egg Producers
- Poultry industry -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Pacific Cooperative Poultry Producers and Pacific Egg Producers Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).