Scope and Contents
The records include minute books, stock books and certificates, a journal, a ledger, and real estate books.
Meeting minutes of the Board of Directors and Stockholders are located in three volumes, 1911-1931.
There is one stock book and one volume of stock certificates.
The journal and the ledger both contain information between 1911-1931.
There are two volumes of real estate information, 1911-1932.
- Leland Land Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Leland Land Company was a real estate company associated with the Lewis Investment Co. The incorporators were P. P. Dabney, S. B. Linthicum, and Horatio H. Parker. The officers were L. A. Lewis, C. H. Lewis, and Robert W. Lewis.
0.75 linear feet (1 container) : 1 record storage box
Language of Materials
Leland Land Company was a real estate company associated with the Lewis Investment Co. The records include minute books, a journal, a ledger, and real estate books.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by F. Farber Lewis.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Dabney, P. P.
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lewis Investment Company (Portland, Or.)
- Linthicum, S. B.
- Parker, Horatio Hyde, 1850-
- Real property -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stock certificates Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Leland Land Company Records
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).