Columbia Transportation Company records
Scope and Contents
The collection (1921-1954) contains articles of incorporation, minutes of shareholders' meetings, account books, and ledgers.
Shareholder's meeting minutes are from 1932 to 1954.
Account books and ledgers include payroll, cash, and accounts payable, and information on assets, liabilities, revenue, expenses, and wages.
- Columbia Transportation Company (Ilwaco, Wash.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Columbia Transportation company was incorporated by C. E. Stewart, Charles J. Johnson, C. B. Strauhal, E. R. Sounders, C. A. Belknap, F. O. Gaither, and William C. Pearson. The company owned and operated the Columbia North Beach Ferry company. It was finally controlled by F. S. Elfving, Astoria.
1.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 record storage box
Language of Materials
The Columbia Transportation company owned and operated the Columbia North Beach Ferry company. The collection (1921-1954) contains articles of incorporation, minutes of shareholders' meetings, account books and ledgers.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Articles of incorporation Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Columbia Transportation Company (Ilwaco, Wash.)
- Ferries -- Columbia River Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ferries -- Washington (State) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- North Beach Ferry Company
- Transportation Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Transportation -- Columbia River Region Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Washington (State) Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the Columbia Transportation Company Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA