Oregon Homestead Company records
Scope and Contents
The collection (1891) contains maps, broadsides, and a share of stock.
- Oregon Homestead Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 oversize folio
Language of Materials
Oregon Homestead Company was real estate firm that formed with the purpose of encouraging settlement in Oregon, and to profitably subdivide large tracts of land. The collection (1891) contains maps, broadsides, and a share of stock.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Broadsides Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Land settlement -- Oregon -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real estate business -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stock certificates Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Oregon Homestead Company Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).