International Military Tribunal for Far East records of the Sadao Araki military tribunal
Scope and Contents note
There were 28 defendants involved. The mimeographed records include: prosecution and defense documents; exhibits and indexes to exhibits; record of proceedings and index to witnesses; judgments.
Use of this collection should be made in conjunction with Paul S. Dull, The Tokyo Trials, a Functional Index to the Proceedings of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East. (Ann Arbor, 1957).
- International Military Tribunal for the Far East (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
A general in the imperial Japanese Army, Sadao Araki was tried along with 27 other defendants for war crimes by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East following World War II.
40 linear feet (32 Containers)
Language of Materials
Records of the case of the United States of America, et al., against Sadao Araki, et al., International Military Tribunal for the Far East, Apr. 29, 1946-Nov. 12, 1948. 318 v.
General Physical Description note
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Araki, Sadao, 1877-1966
- International courts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal documents Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military Subject Source: Archiveswest
- War crimes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the International Military Tribunal for Far East Records of the Sadao Araki Military Tribunal
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Erin Wolfe
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA